In physical security, the term access control refers to the practice of restricting entrance to a property, a building, or a room to authorized persons. Physical access control can be achieved by a human (a guard, bouncer, or receptionist), through mechanical means such as locks and keys, or through technological means such as access control systems, which control electronic or mechanical locks.
Access Control System for Commercial
Security System – The most commonly used access control devices are:
1) Keypads: Keypads Typing in the correct code will allow the lock to open. A keypad works in conjunction with an electronic door release or an electronically operated lock. This solution usually looks nice and is suitable for heavy traffic. In this category, one also finds the widely sold digital mechanical latch locks. Three locks dominate the market: The Medium duty latch lock Medium Duty Latch lock 1000 series heavy duty latch lock, suitable for heavy traffic
2) Fob-reader systems: Fob Reader Holding a small fob or token up against the reader plate will send an electric impulse to the door lock to release. The fob readers can be tailored so that the door would release simply by sensing the presence of the fob your pocket or handbag. A fob-reader works in conjunction with an electronic door release or an electronically operated lock. This solution usually looks nice and is suitable for heavy traffic.
3) Swipe card systems: Fob Reader Swiping the card through the reader will send an electric impulse to the door lock to release. A swipe card reader works in conjunction with an electronic door release or an electronically operated lock. This solution usually looks nice and is suitable for heavy traffic.
4) Biometric readers: Fob Reader The only commercially widely available form is the fingerprint reader. Upon installation the prints of 1 or 2 fingers per user are programmed into the reader. Presenting the correct fingertip to the reader plate will send an electric impulse to the door lock to open up. A biometric reader works in conjunction with an electronic door release or an electronically operated lock. This solution usually looks nice and is suitable for heavy traffic. The headway this product makes is slow, mainly because solutions 1, 2 and 3 work quite satisfactorily.
5) Access control with computer feedback If within your organization you control more than just a few fob- or card-readers, then it may be suitable to have them administered centrally by wiring all readers to feed back to a central computer. This will make it very easy to add or delete fobs/cards or, for example, to set them up to work at certain times on certain readers only. While the installation and cabling tend to be involved, the end-result is usually incredibly well received. Intercom systems are a ubiquitous feature of both residential and commercial premises. If you need to know who is knocking on your door, then an intercom system is a must. Depending on the end-user’s requirements, intercom systems can be large versions for many users.
6) Intercom systems are audio-only most of the time. Audio systems outnumber video systems by a factor of 20. For commercial installations, intercom systems are frequently combined with other means of access control, such as a keypad or a fob-reader: Fob Reader The intercom is for visitors, whereas staff will be able to easily get in via the keypad. As a rule of thumb, intercom systems can have a trouble-free life-expectancy of between 5 and 10 years. As there aren’t any moving parts, they don’t usually need a service contract.
Our intercom service personnel cover all aspects of the intercom business: Intercom systems installations Intercom system repairs Extensions and relocations of existing intercom systems. Installation and repair of the intercom related locks Call Now Locksmith Long Island City 718-504-1858 Security System Division.
Door Closer Repair Services
Reliable & Professional technicians who can help you find the right solution for a non functioning door closer. Specializing in door closers, pivot sets, hinges, patch fittings, locks and weather stripping.
- Door Closer Adjustments
- Door Closer Installation – Represents, Designs, Installs & Services
- Repair Door Closer
- Highly Trained Door Experts
- Residential Door Closer – Light Duty
Door Closers product specifications, mechanical/electrical access control solutions, personal sales consultation, installation and maintenance assistance.